Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tamar...

      Ok, so as I studied Mary, the first thing I looked at was the genealogy of Christ in Matthew 1.  I noticed that in the geneology there were 5 women mentioned.  Now I want to take some time to study each of them.  They must have some significance if they were all mentioned in the genealogy.
      
      The first woman is Tamar.  She seems like an interesting character… I vaguely remember reading some of this story, but not much.  She is found in Genesis 38.  I’ve been reading her story and thinking a lot about her all week, and I’ve kind of been stuck.  I’m not sure what to think of this story.  She isn’t exactly a role model I would like to follow.  The only thing I can think as I read this story is what an amazing God we serve.  He loves us all, despite our faults.  I am a sinner. I do wrong, and yet, God still loves me and still chose to save me.  I couldn’t ask for any more than that.  I don’t deserve his grace and forgiveness, and yet he still gives it to me.  

      My God is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment