Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rahab the Prostitute...

January 12, 2011
Joshua 2
            Rahab was the second woman mentioned in the genealogy of Christ.  Her story begins in Joshua chapter 2.  This is the story where she hides the spies and lies to the men who are looking for them, etc.  Then she asks for herself and her family to be spared.  I find it interesting though to read through everything she says to the spies.  This is what I’m focusing on today. 
            Rahab understands the power that the Israelites have because of the Lord.  She starts off with “I know that the Lord has given you the land.”  She knew that in the end her people would lose because the Lord had given the land to Israel.  Rahab then goes on to back up her point by listing all the victories they had heard about and how her people were afraid of what would happen to them. 
            As I thought about this, God brought back to mind something He taught me a few weeks ago.  He reminded me of when I was studying Mary and came across the story of Simon and Anna.  Through Anna’s testimony, God really challenged me to look for ways that he is working in my life daily.  The monologue that Rahab gave here, is another good example of God getting the credit for what He’s done.  Now, in Rahab’s story the things He did are pretty big, but I think that the basic concept is the same.  
God is at work all around me.  Am I looking for Him?  Or am I just thinking about myself as I go through each day?  I want to be someone who is able to see God at work in my life daily.  So what has He done for me today? I’m glad you asked!  He kept Jan and I safe as we headed to school this morning through terrible traffic and snow.  He has placed me in a great school with plenty of learning opportunities for student teaching (today was very interesting!)  He gave me a wonderful fiancé and some time to get to talk to him for a little bit.  I also got one last night to relax!  God is good.  And when I take time to stop and think about it, He really has blessed me.  I am glad He is in control of my life.  

*I don't have internet at home right now, so I am posting this a little late.  The next couple weeks will probably be the same way. At least I got it done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment