Monday, March 5, 2012

Make a Difference Monday: Playing "catch-up"

I'm sorry that I haven't posted much lately, but can I be honest with you? Writing on my blog is not a priority for me.  It's fun, but there are other things in life that are more important like teaching preschool, spending time with my wonderful husband, spending time with friends, etc.  :)  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sharing my heart and life with you, but sometimes there are just more important things to do.

Anyway... I have been really bad about sharing the "Make a Difference Monday" challenges with you.  I will try to do better, but you are welcome to follow my friend here so that you don't miss out! :)   

The last couple weeks have been...

*Send a valentine to someone who isn't expecting one.

*Turn off the radio in your car and spend your drive time praying.

*Write a letter to someone you admire, letting them know that you appreciate them.

You are more than welcome to go back and do one that you've missed!  Or you could even do them more than once! :)  

I especially enjoyed the challenge to turn off the radio. I love music. I love to sing, play and listen to music, so turning off the radio was not easy.  As challenging as it was, it was a week that I really needed to spend that time talking to God.  Some big things came up and it was great to be reminded to talk to Him about my troubles. 

This week's challenge requires a little bit of work and planning... "Bag up some clothes and donate them."  This means you'll actually have to go through your dresser and closet to find the things that you don't wear, but for some reason are still hanging on to.  Then you'll have to take them somewhere to donate them.  If you're anything like me or my friend, you will realize in doing this, that we live a life of excess.  We have more than we really need, or can use. Take some time also to thank God for blessing you with enough clothes that you can have things to donate.  Think about the other ways that God has blessed you.  I know He has blessed me!  


No comments:

Post a Comment