Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds... Our new favorite

Now, before you decide not to read this post because you don't like roasted pumpkin seeds, hear me out.  I am not a pumpkin seed lover.  I remember trying them a few times when I was a kid, but was never a big fan... until now.  

I found this recipe on my new addiction...time-waster...Pinterest (feel free to follow me!).  I was planning on making them and taking them in to my class to let my kiddos try them.  
You can go to the original blog post here.

I started with rinsing my seeds to get most of the pumpkin goop off of them.  Then I drained them and let them dry on paper towels over night. 

They stuck to the paper towel a little bit, but I just peeled them off and put them in a bowl. I had almost 2 cups.  I put all the seeds in a bowl, then mixed the seasonings together.   

3 Tbs butter, melted
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
3 shakes garlic salt (this cracked me up when I read it!)
3 shakes onion powder

*If you are an exact measure kind of person, just let it go for this one recipe :)

Then I poured the mixture over top and stirred until all the seeds were covered.


I preheated the oven to 250 degrees and lined my baking sheet with foil (this made for easy clean-up!). I placed the seeds in an even layer on the baking sheet and popped them in the oven. I stirred them every 20 min and baked them for a little over an hour.  Next time, I'll probably let them go a little longer.  They were not quite as dark as I wanted them. You may need more or less than an hour depending on your oven. 


Here is the finished product. They tasted like chex mix and were delicious!


In just a few hours the bowl looked like this... needless to say, my kids didn't get to try them. oops! ;)


Happy Fall!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea and the pumpkin seeds look delicious. I am new to your blog and have just finished browsing through some of your earlier posts. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete